Follow this guide to change the Wi-Fi name and password on your GL.iNet FlashRouter.
1. Connect your computer, phone, or tablet to the GL.iNet router via wireless (FlashRouter24 / FlashRouter50) or via ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the router.
The FlashRouter WiFi password is printed on the sheet that came with the router and is set to Wireless#[First 5 characters of your router MAC]. The router MAC can be found on the bottom of your router if you cannot locate the sheet. For e.g. if your MAC is 1459C07E70A8 then your WiFi password is Wireless#1459C
Be sure to capitalize the W.
2. Once connected via wireless or ethernet on your device open your browser and go to 192.168.8.1
3. Enter openwrt as the admin password to access the GL.iNet firmware settings.
4. Click Wireless.
5. Click Modify under the 5GHz or 2.4GHz band.
The 5GHz and 2.4GHz information must be changed at separate times. Keep in mind that if you are connected to wireless when changing one band you may need to reconnect with the new info you set to be on the network again to make changes to the other band.
6. Change the Wi-Fi Name (SSID) and Wi-Fi Password fields to what you want to use. The SSID should be unique and NOT a duplicate of an existing network. Click Apply.
7. Connect your devices to the new wireless network.