Follow this guide to setup a Guest Network on your GL.iNet FlashRouter. Devices connected to the guest network will be on a separate subnet and will not have access to the router settings or be able to talk to devices on the main network.
1. Connect your computer, phone, or tablet to the GL.iNet router via wireless (FlashRouter24 / FlashRouter50) or via ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the router.
The FlashRouter WiFi password is printed on the sheet that came with the router and is set to Wireless#[First 5 characters of your router MAC]. The router MAC can be found on the bottom of your router if you cannot locate the sheet. For e.g. if your MAC is 1459C07E70A8 then your WiFi password is Wireless#1459C
Be sure to capitalize the W.
2. Once connected via wireless or ethernet on your device open your browser and go to 192.168.8.1
3. Enter openwrt as the admin password to access the GL.iNet firmware settings.
4. Click Wireless.
5. Click 5GHz Guest Wi-Fi or 2.4GHz Guest Wi-Fi.
6. Click Modify.
7. Set the Enable Wi-Fi toggle to the ON position.
8. Change the Wi-Fi Name (SSID) and Wi-Fi Password fields to what you want to use. The SSID should be unique and NOT a duplicate of an existing network. Click Apply.
9. Connect your devices to the new guest wireless network.