If you want to connect your FlashRouter to the Internet via Wi-Fi instead of an ethernet cable you can setup a FlashRouter as a Wireless Repeater. In Wireless Repeater mode the FlashRouter connects to an available network via WiFi and then creates a completely separate network segment for you.
1. Connect your computer, phone, or tablet to the GL.iNet router via wireless (FlashRouter24 / FlashRouter50) or via ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the router.
The FlashRouter WiFi password is printed on the sheet that came with the router and is set to Wireless#[First 5 characters of your router MAC]. The router MAC can be found on the bottom of your router if you cannot locate the sheet. For e.g. if your MAC is 1459C07E70A8 then your WiFi password is Wireless#1459C
Be sure to capitalize the W.
2. Once connected via wireless or ethernet on your device open your browser and go to 192.168.8.1
3. Enter openwrt as the admin password to access the GL.iNet firmware settings.
4. Select the Internet tab.
5. In the Repeater area select Connect.
6. Select the available Wi-Fi network you want the FlashRouter to use for Internet from the list. You can use a 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz network to connect.
7. Enter the correct Wi-Fi password in the Password field for the network you selected. Then click Apply.
8. You are now setup with the GL.iNet FlashRouter receiving Internet via Wi-Fi. The Repeater area should now be filled in with the network information of the connection as shown below.