Follow this article when you receive your new Flint or Slate GL.iNet router to connect it to the Internet.
1. Connect the ethernet cable that came with the router from an open LAN ethernet port on your ISP modem or other router to the WAN port of the Flint or Slate GL.iNet router.
2. Connect the power to the router and wait about 2 minutes for the router to fully boot up.
3. Connect your computer, phone, or tablet to the GL.iNet router via wireless (FlashRouter24 / FlashRouter50) or via ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the router.
The FlashRouter WiFi password is printed on the sheet that came with the router and is set to Wireless#[First 5 characters of your router MAC]. The router MAC can be found on the bottom of your router if you cannot locate the sheet. For e.g. if your MAC is 1459C07E70A8 then your WiFi password is Wireless#1459C
Be sure to capitalize the W.
4. Once connected via wireless or ethernet on your device open your browser and go to 192.168.8.1
5. Enter openwrt as the admin password to access the GL.iNet firmware settings.
6. Verify that your Flint/Slate GL.iNet router is receiving a WAN IP Address and webpages are loading while connected to its network.